- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Repairs Operative
Must have full driving licence and be NRSWA accredited. Duties will include paving pot hole repairs, installing street furniture, traffic management and supervision of a small team.
- To work with hand tools (including powered tools) for the purpose of excavating and clearing, mixing, application, laying, levelling, spreading, compaction of granular bituminous concrete, soil or water bound materials and work with a skilled operative in the laying of pre cast natural stone paving, kerbs, block and modular paving, soil or grass.
- Repair, clean, install, or removal street furniture, including, road studs, posts, signs, guard rails, traffic counters, etc.
- Carrying out a range of maintenance and construction work on natural and artificial surfaces such as mowing, sweeping, edging, raking, digging, pruning, turfing, sowing seeds, watering, painting, litter collection and emptying bins etc.
- To carry out road markings and sign installation works e.g. attach signs using step ladders and tools to signposts, lamp columns, etc.
- Mixing, application or removal of paint, plastics, adhesives or corrosion and application of fertilisers and pesticides (when qualified) and mulches and litter.
- Operation of powered light plant such as concrete mixers/air compressors/road breakers/poker vibrators. and ancillary equipment tools, including mowers, cultivators, aerators, scarifiers and irrigation equipment.
- Resetting manhole and inspection covers, gully grates and valve boxes to required levels. To modify daily working priorities in accordance with information and instructions received, including by means of mobile phones, in order to achieve compliance with Service Level Agreement outputs and timescales.
- To modify daily working priorities in accordance with information and instructions received, including by means of mobile phones, in order to achieve compliance with Service Level Agreement outputs and timescales.
- To drive a vehicle to undertake the daily duties and to accept responsibility for the use and condition of the vehicle in accordance with the Council's requirement including the completion of a vehicle-use log.
- To undertake such training and technical instruction as directed in order to fully utilise existing and new information technologies, and to meet the installation and servicing requirements of new equipment.
- To adopt such safe working procedures and utilise such protective clothing and equipment necessary and appropriate to ensure personal and public safety in the performance of the duties; to take such precautions as are necessary in order to prevent damage to equipment, for example from chemicals, power sources and static electricity
- To supervise staff on a day to day basis as instructed by the team leader.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.