- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Engineer Technology Transfer
I am currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer for Technology Transfer for an automotive company based in Horsham.
We are looking for someone with good experience of 8d and who will be able to work directly with the customer in Asia.
Purpose of the Job
Build a strong technical relationship with a key strategic partner ensuring successful transfer of Intellectual Property which will require travel to partner sites.
The position will focus on the development and delivery of volume production solutions and ensuring site to site process consistency. The successful candidate will also provide Quality engineering support during the manufacturing process to ensure operational consistency.
- Support licensee with the technology transfer
- Assist with problem resolution
- Communicate quality performance
- Support Programme manager to achieve project goals
- Support the quality department with quality engineering duties
- Lead 8d investigation through to the 8thd
- Drive the NPI utilising APQP
- Assist licensee with supplier technical issues.
- Support Manufacturing team to ensure products and processes are transferred efficiently.
- Support the reporting of process stability at licensee sites.
- Analyse non-conformances and implement required corrective and preventative actions using relevant quality tools (8d).
- Support KPI reporting for Quality and across the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience dealing with customers directly.
- Experience in Advance Quality Planning
- Experienced in fast moving manufacturing processes.
- Must have sound understanding of the 8d process and tools used to help establish root cause (Ishikawa, Red X, …)
- Possess a track record of achievement within the realms of Quality Engineering
- Ideally degree qualified or HNC with additional experience in engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- Fully conversant with engineering and quality principles (including but not limited to SPC, Gauge R&R, DoE, sampling plans, NPI)
- Familiar with range of measuring and inspection equipment and can interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Excellent computer skills (including but not limited to Windows, Office, MS Access/SQL)
- Good ISO9001/TS16949 quality systems knowledge
- Strong statistical knowledge with advanced use of statistical software such as Minitab and practical use of statistical process control
This position offers an impressive and unique opportunity for interested candidates. It requires people who want to be challenged, have a passion for success and a constant drive to exceed expectations.
The role will require flexibility and involve working abroad, in Asia, for periods of time.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.