- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Configuration Engineer
Our leading client involved in engineering for the aerospace and defence sectors have an opportunity for a Senior Configuration Engineer to join their Edinburgh facility.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Configuration Management serves to ensure that products and services conform to their requirements.
- Requirements management serves to ensure that documented requirements are clear, concise and valid.
- Change management is a closed-loop process for changing released documents and data. These disciplines are a critical part of the Leonardo Integrated Project Teams, meaning you work with a wide range of roles and data to support development, procurement, manufacturing, delivery and upgrade of our products.
- Your information and configuration management skills will be used across the full product lifecycle: from requirements analysis; through design, procurement and manufacturing; to delivery to the customer and onwards into in-service support.
- As a Senior Configuration Engineer you will operate in both Change Specialist 1 and 2 domains:
- Managing the processing of Problem Reports from initiation to final disposition - minimise time to disposition.
- Managing Trials Modifications to support Problem Report investigations - ensuring results of trials are captured.
- Managing the processing of Change Requests from initiation to final disposition - minimise time to CRB disposition.
- Collating the Change Impact assessments from TRB (Technical Review).
- Supporting the Change initiator and TRB through consultation.
- Determining if fast track criteria are met and route Change as Fast-Track.
- Preparing agenda, calling and chairing the CRB (Business Review of change).
- Setting POE (Point Of Embodiment) & Priority.
- Determining Change Classification.
- Implementation Planning and coordination into both the design and physical product.
- Continuous Improvement activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications Required:
- HND qualified or equivalent experience - Forces background is an advantage.
- Interest in Engineering or Science - you will work with technical data from many areas.
- Strong Administration Skills with an attention to detail - you are required to a logical mind-set
- Familiarity with Databases, especially PDM/PLM Toolsets or Information Systems and Data Communication - Confident use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- MRP Supply and Demand Planning awareness a distinct advantage.
- CMII Methodology.
- Due to the nature of our products you must be able to achieve UK Security Clearance (SC) and be authorised to access UK-Eyes-Only and ITAR material.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.