- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Development Engineer
I am working with a client in Burgess Hill who is looking for a Hardware Development Engineer to join their team.
The Hardware Development Engineer will be responsible for driving global projects to deliver improved hardware on qualification testing of new product prototypes and existing machines to ensure that the test hardware used in the Service Technology Centres reflect how the customer will use the products after service.
The development of new hardware will eliminate the need for any subsequent "offline" additional testing, thereby providing a more accurate, efficient and customer-oriented approach, and enhancing the service offering globally.
- Improve the qualification testing of new product prototypes and existing machines to support customer requirements.
- Support test hardware used for existing products serviced in the global Service Technology Centres (STC).
- Be a key contributor in the experiment design of the prototype machine construction, test hardware, software, and instrumentation assembly, working closely with the Software Development Engineer.
- Execute testing/validation tasks and interpretation of results to form test reports with conclusions on performance, reliability, and safety of products.
- Lead project workstreams and attend senior management program review meetings
- Use expertise and knowledge in order to write conclusive validation technical reports according to the customer's (marketing, end-user,) expectation.
- Research and maintain the latest technologies of external industry developments in test hardware.
- Ensure the defined aspects of the product are fit for purpose and follow all safety regulations.
- Use risk management tools such as FMEA to minimize potential failure modes.
- Provide regular updates on progress to the divisional management and key stakeholders in the STCs and PCs.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science.
In-depth experience in modifying of the hardware and systems for test instrumentation.
- Design Automation software solutions are diverse making many of the following, or equivalent, a plus.
- Experience in product/component modeling technologies, such as:
- PTC / Creo parameter/relations-based modeling, Dassault Systems SolidWorks equation-based modeling, or equivalent CAx software parametric engine
- Complex freeform modelingInterpart modeling
- System-Level Design (i.e. Top-Down Design)
- PTC Creo APIs, Dassault Systems SolidWorks APIs, or equivalent CAx API development experience
- Familiarity and appreciation for user interface technologies
- WPF.NET, Winforms, CAx UI authoring tools (i.e. PTC Creo UI Editor)
- Power distribution schematics.
- Instrument and Equipment lists for panel build.
- Producing accurate & concise drawings for control panels and looms.
- Strong knowledge of legislative requirements for safety.
- Ability to collate data and present technical data and guidance in reports and presentations for internal and external use.
***Travel to Eastbourne and Ireland regularly ***
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.