- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Java Software Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Java Software Engineer to join an industry-leading client, working at the cutting-edge of Robotic and Automated Systems.
This opportunity is for a Java Software Engineer looking to take the next step in their career with a business that are revolutionising the industry with a range of new technologies.
- To analyse, design, create and maintain robust, high-throughput data pipelines.
- Populate new data stores to power statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Lead end-to-end investigations to troubleshoot data issues.
- Collaborate both within the team, and across other teams in the business.
- Work with the Data Scientists with applying machine learning models to production.
- Become an expert in current and emerging technologies.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or a similar highly numerate subject.
- Experience working across the whole software development life-cycle using Java/Scala and related tools such as JUnit, Git, etc.
- A good understanding of data, data flows and using basic statistics.
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL datastores.
- Expertise in Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience of web front-end development, microservices architecture and REST APIs is desirable.
- A background implementing machine learning models in production environments is beneficial.
- Understanding of BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Crystal Reports, Jasper, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Pension contributions matched up to 7%
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days' holiday
- Free shares
- A range of discounts
If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.