- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Manager ( Systems)
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
The company believe in values which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes the team they are growing!
"Brilliant Company - Only getting better"
"Work Life Balance -Flexible working times. Lots of charitable events and fundraising for multiple charities. Strong supporter of Employee well-being, mental and physical health. Big Investor in training and development for their employees" Glassdoor 2019 entry.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is an immediate requirement for an Engineering Manager to join an established Engineering and Technology Business.
The role will consist of Project Engineering Leadership (roughly 60%) and Engineering Management (roughly 40%) It is likely that you will take on the role as Project Engineering Lead of one or more projects within the Business Stream.
The Engineering Manager will provide oversight for programmes including R&D projects to ensure timely project delivery of compliant systems within the agreed budgets.
The Engineering Manager will work closely with the various Project Engineering Leads to ensure that the technical solution is sound, the engineering work is following process, the work is properly bounded with Work Packages, and there are sufficient resources deployed to meet the project timescales.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in engineering discipline such as Electronics, Software or Systems Engineering.
- Background / or experience in Systems Engineering.
- Proven experience in Project Engineering Leadership, such as leading or overseeing complex projects.
- Proven Experience in Engineering Management.
- Experience across the whole project lifecycle, from bids and proposals through to in-service support.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience in the identification of project issues affecting compliance, schedule, milestones or costs, development of mitigation and/or recovery strategies and appropriate escalation.
- Ability to disseminate a wide range of technical information from subject matter experts
- Experience across a wide range of engineering disciplines, preferably in the defence sector .
- Strong written and verbal skills. Good time management.
- Able to travel within UK and occasionally overseas
- Experience working in the Defence Sector.
- Experience in the Maritime or Naval Industry.
- Experience in R&D project delivery.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.