- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, a world leader in the defence sector, have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Future Concepts team to be involved in the development of next generation of complex weapon systems.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus significant experience in Mechanical Design, particularly in the Concept and Assessment phases of the product lifecycle.
- Capable of managing work packages, rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- Have the awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
- Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Electronic Packaging, Aerodynamics and Low Observability, would be beneficial
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
- You will work within the Concept and Assessment Phases of the product lifecycle for Future Systems programmes.
- You will be responsible for Mechanical Engineering concept development and robust design for new Projects through ownership of specific Mechanical Functions/Attributes.
- You will lead the concept design & development activities, prototype manufacture and test of new technologies to increase Technology Readiness Levels and reduce risk for future capabilities.
- You will be working on Mechanical Engineering development of Technologies within the scope of Airframe Development and Novel Technology progression.
- You will be supported with the use of state of the art engineering tools and MBDA's extensive in house facilities and capabilities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.