- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Technician to work for my client an aerospace company based in Cheltenham.
They require someone who has worked in a similair cell environment building inspecting and testing the product.
- To build, inspect and test new build products to ATP documentation in accordance with the individuals scope of approval
- To test and inspect work performed by other members of the Operations Team
- To perform diagnostic testing and root cause analysis on any non-conforming work to identify necessary corrective action
- To undertake fault diagnosis of returned items & provide a comprehensive strip report
- Carry out repair & test of customers units as required.
- To act as technical champion within the team and support other team members in achieving technical compliance with all manufacturing standards
- To assemble new build products & carry out repair of customer products in accordance with the drawings & manufacturing instructions.
- To undertake fault diagnosis of units that fail the ATP, & provide a comprehensive strip report for customer returns.
- Carry out final ATP of units as required.
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Act as the cell link into quality, engineering & other areas of the business as needed.
- Review you job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background and Understanding:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A minimum of 6 months broad based cell experience (an understanding of the range and complexity of the products that the cell produces)
- A full understanding of the responsibility that comes from being an Ultra PCS certified inspection stamp holder
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc.)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.