- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
Our client area leading radar systems manufacturer with opportunities for experienced systems engineers to join them in their Security Solutions and Surveillance Systems business areas.
- Definition and delivery of Systems solutions.
- Technical support to Sales and Marketing including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings.
- Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety.
- Adopt a consistent approach to systems engineering activities throughout the design life cycle.
- Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production.
- Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary.
- Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into system designs.
Experience and qualifications required;
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
- Experience of systems design, integration & test.
- An understanding of Systems and Product lifecycles from concept through to delivery.
- An understanding of a range of Engineering disciplines (Software, Mechanical, and Electrical).
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
- The flexibility to apply skills and knowledge across a number of different projects and products across the organisation.
- Computer literate with a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports.
- A willingness to travel for business when required
Desirable, non-essential experience;
- An understanding of Radar Systems is desirable, although not essential if other complementary skills demonstrate a capacity to understand new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Experience of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
- Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
- Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms.
- Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
- The ability to lead multi-skilled engineering teams.
- The ability to deliver engineering packages of work to time, cost and quality.
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institution (e.g. IMechE, IET, INCOSE
- UK Security clearance.
- UK Driving License.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.