- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electronics engineer - Medical Transducers
Electronics engineer role working on the design and development of new products and testing equipment for transducers used in the medical industry.
Electronics engineer role working on the design and development of new products and testing equipment for transducers used in the medical industry. Electronics experience in a regulated industry (such as medical) and (medium) power electronics would be ideal.
You will be working as the sole electronics engineer as part of a mixed skill team (physicists, electrical, mechanical and software engineers) who design transducers for medical and scientific instrumentation. You will need to be self-sufficient, have the ability to work closely with customers as well as your team members and be able to technically lead projects.
You will need to be knowledgeable, credible and a good communicator, with the ability to communicate technically with engineers from other disciplines. You will be able to impact and define working practices, procedures and select tools to fit your skills and the job at hand.
It is essential that you meet the following criteria:
- Experienced electronics engineer with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience of the full product lifecycle, with a focus on prototyping, development and test.
- Knowledge of circuit design for safety critical applications
- Experience working to formal quality standards, ideally in a regulated industry
- Experience of PCB design (Any package is acceptable such as altium, allegro, CADStar etc.)
- Although knowledge of transducer design is not essential, you must be willing to learn!
- The focus of this role is very much on electronics but some firmware coding will be required on occasion, experience in C, VB or Labview would be ideal.
- Create matching circuits for custom and standard products to allow accurate driving and testing of sensors and transducers under live driving conditions. (The drivers are typically a lab equipment such as sig-gen and amplifier)
- Experience designing transducers or testbeds
- Familiarity with IPC 600, 610 and 620 standards or IEC 60601 would be beneficial
- Familiarity with IEC 60601 would be beneficial
- Experience of power electronics (circa 200V 200W)
- EMC test experience
- Write simple scripts to support the data capture from standard laboratory equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes, impedance analysers, temperature controllers etc.
- Electrical and acoustic testing of transducers and sensors
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.