- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Transport Planner
Principal Transport Planner to cover maternity leave. The ideal candidate would have a qualification in Transport Planning or equivalent and have knowledge of legislative, policy and procedural frameworks within the Transportation Service Team.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To work with the Team Leader on strategic and operational management responsibility for a Transportation Planning team in order to achieve timely, effective Transport Planning outcomes which uphold the Council's Core Values and meet the challenges of Best Value and Comprehensive Performance Assessment.
- To have strategic and effective operational management responsibilities for a Transportation Planning team in order to achieve timely, effective Transport Planning outcomes which uphold the Council's Core Values and meet the challenges of Best Value and Comprehensive Performance Assessment.
- To deputise for the Group Manager - Network and Transportation, on a limited basis as required in turn with the other Principal Officers in the team.
- To be an active member of and contribute to the development of the Network and Transportation Team.
- To be responsible for ensuring statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer focussed manner, optimising available resources.
- To be a lead officer for the Authority in their particular area of specialism.
- To represent the Council as an expert spokesperson on issues related to the functional area.
- To work with other senior managers as well as in a major strategic role in managing cross directorate corporate projects which will facilitate both divisional and corporate initiatives
- To contribute to staff training, development and performance. To continually review professional standards to ensure potency and external recognition and, reputation of the Unit.
- To take a lead role and participate in the effective overall management of the Traffic Management Service and to be a member of and actively contribute to the extended Management Team.
- To be responsible and accountable for monitoring budget(s) delegated to the postholder bringing to the attention of the Team Leader any areas of concern.
- b) To be responsible and accountable for budget(s) delegated to the postholder taking the appropriate corrective management action where applicable.
- To continually benchmark the services provided to ensure optimum service delivery to the Authority, partner organisations, customers and clients.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.