- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
2 Highway Inspectors needed to inspect the highway at regular intervals in accordance with agreed time schedules and to arrange for the rectification of defects.
- The postholder reports to the Senior Highway Inspector
- The post-holder has no line management responsibility
- The postholder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the postholder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the postholder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
- Primary requirement of the service is to carry out inspections:
- Of all carriageways and footways on set routes determined by highway responsive maintenance systems
- Of suspected defect sites reported by members of the public, Councillors or Council employees
- During or following works on the highway by the Council's designated responsive maintenance contractor, to monitor on a sample basis compliance with specifications and codes of practice for signing and guarding, safety, standard of workmanship, and to check on compliance with required response times
- Record results of inspections in written or electronic format and with digital photographs.
- Notify the Council's designated responsive maintenance contractor of requirements for any rectification work needed, either directly or through the highway responsive maintenance computer system.
- Take appropriate steps for urgent works to make sites safe, check results and confirm actions.
- Use the a highway responsive maintenance system Mayrise (or alternative) to access highway inspection and repairs order information, word processing, digital photography and e-mail computer software.
- Write statements for use in accident reports and insurance claim proceedings
- Assist with traffic management arrangements resulting from incidents affecting the operation of the highway and in restoring the network to normal operation.
- Maintain records in a systematic and accessible format, deal with reports and respond to queries from the public in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Give evidence in court when required
- Undertake other duties, within the competence of the post holder, which may be required from time to time.
- Liaise with the responsive maintenance contractor, arrange and take part in site meetings to agree defect problems found and remedial works required.
- The review of temporary traffic management arrangements and the required temporary traffic management orders at specific sites including liaison with utility companies and emergency services.
- Carry out all the above duties competently and efficiently so as to meet output levels set by managers
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.