- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
C++ Software Test Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge autonomous systems manufacturer in the marine industry. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced C++ test engineer to own test activies for the next generation of unmanned, sea mine removal vessels.
To be the primary Software Test Engineer of a system as it undergoes deployment on multiple vessels.
The primary goal of this position is to ensure that iterative releases of the software can be made with minimum support from low-level software developers.
You will implement the appropriate suite of tests to assure the Software Manager and Quality Manager that breaking changes or unexpected interactions are largely identified before the software is integrated into the vessel.
The role has the opportunity to develop as a commissioning team lead.
- To scope and deliver the software tests to be run prior to release
- By discussion with leads and experts, to identify the priority testing areas for implementation to reduce the future demand on those expert's time.
- Familiarisation with the interfaces and architecture of a relatively large bespoke software system. This will require C++ experience.
- Where necessary, decompose higher level test requirements into Functional Software Tests
- Implement test cases for each subsystem against functional block diagrams,
- Where deemed appropriate, for example where Functional Tests do not exercise the range of expected operation, implement unit and soak tests to de-risk the system and provide assurance to Customer
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified in software engineering, EEE etc. or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong experience of C++ from both a coding and testing standpoint.
- The ability to define and implement appropriate test strategies.
- Ideally some understanding of Systems Engineering - particularly Requirements Management / Verification and Validation.
- Agile Processes - both tools like JIRA/Confluence and Agile Team methods.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.