- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Software Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge autonomous systems manufacturer in the marine market. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineering leader to join them in their Portsmouth offices.
To be the future Product Owner of a software system as it undergoes deployment on multiple vessels.
The primary goal of this position is to direct a small software team to move from a product demonstrator, to deliver a product that requires minimal software engineering to build, commission and fault-find on fleet vessels.
The role will include Software System Design Authority for the vessel, and to gain suitable background knowledge, the candidate will be expected initially to act as a Senior Developer to understand the system first hand. An independent but pragmatic approach to Functional Testing, Unit Testing and System Documentation will be needed to put in place the quality you demand as a Product Owner, and thus previous experience of successful integration & deployment projects would be highly desirable.
- To act as the single point of contact to the Project Manager, Engineering Director and Agile Team for Software Planning, Backlog Management and Software Release.
- To be responsible for all Software discussions and deliverables with the Customer team. A key driver for this is to minimise distractions to the software engineers, so prioritisation, delegation and an ability to summarise info at low and high levels are critical skills.
- To agree release and test cycles with the Project Manager, working closely with Electrical, Systems Engineering to understand the interdependencies and risks to milestone dates.
- To understand the existing System Requirements and how they are met in the existing software and vessel demonstrator.
- To own and enhance the existing Software System Requirements to define priority functional test cases.
- To gain a broad expertise in the existing control system, and the interfaces to the Customer control system and vessel equipment.
- To plan and task additional Software Documentation at a suitable level necessary for future deployment engineers to efficiently build and fault-find the system.
- To set the standard of unit-tests and soak-tests required to pragmatically invest effort now to reduce risk in future deployments.
Additional Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Agile management tools (JIRA and Confluence especially)
- Estimating skills (e.g. bid and acceptance plans)
- Commissioning and testing (factory, internal trials, customer trials)
- Software development in C++ in a Linux based environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.