- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Software Engineer
The company are looking for Principal Software Engineer to work across the full software lifecycle. This Software development role will contribute to a wide range of projects and applications!
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
The company believe in values which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes the team are growing!
"Brilliant Company - Only getting better"
"Work Life Balance -Flexible working times. Lots of charitable events and fundraising for multiple charities. Strong supporter of Employee well-being, mental and physical health. Big Investor in training and development for their employees" Glassdoor 2019 entry.
The Principal Software engineer will be delivering critical software components into complex product development. As Principal Software Engineer, you will also have the ability to technically lead a small team, therefore leadership skills would be key.
Important: all applications must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
- Engineering Degree in a related discipline for example; Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience working across the full software lifecycle.
- Experience in C++ Software (or other high level OO programming language) in a multi-threaded implementation environment.
- Experience working across Windows / Linux platforms.
- Experience in leadership and delivery such as people management, work package management, scheduling , estimating , and bids.
- Experience/ Exposure in systems engineering from a software perspective.
- UML - Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
- GUI ergonomic design and development
- Experience in Visual Studio.
- Digital signal processing
- Real time operating system development environments
- Understanding of networking (TCP-IP, Serial etc.)
- Experience working in a safety-regulated environment, such as Defence, Aerospace or Automotive.
- Experience leading a small team/ or exposure in coaching junior engineers.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.