- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highway Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Highway Engineer to join their busy Highway Design team and assist with the public Realm project delivery.
Public Realm Design Team are responsible for supporting the regeneration of our Town Centres, through effective and innovative design of highway maintenance and traffic management schemes and for finding solutions to enable the competing demands from busy town centres to work together to create vibrate and attract hubs for the future.
On a day to day basis the senior engineer role is very varied. This is a role that will involve the gaining of experience, knowledge and expertise in Highways Maintenance and Traffic Management, and as a Senior Engineer in Public Realm you will:
- Design and assist in the design of highway maintenance schemes designed to improve the public realm that is on offer for all highway users, including those categorised as our most vulnerable road users group , and that improve the day to day movement of pedestrians, cyclists and other highway users.
- Get involved in work across the Design team which may involve schemes generated from Blue Print proposals, Town Centre Initiatives, Public Art projects, Landscape and Play Street proposals, and West Yorkshire Combined Authority schemes.
- Undertake the relevant duty holder's role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer
- Liaise with and advising various Council departments and partners on relating to all traffic interaction on the highway.
- Assess the potential impacts of proposed housing / commercial developments around our Town Centres and looking for ways to ensure those developments blend in to and enhance our Town Centres.
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of yourself and others on a day to day basis, and the supervision of Engineers and Apprentices within in your team.
- Spend a portion of your time travelling between sites, for which you will need a full and valid driving licence, and a willingness to undertake and pass the clients driving test.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.