- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a manufacturing Engineer to be based in Horsham working on exciting new automotive technology.
Manufacturing engineer focused on scale-up of the fuel cell manufacturing equipment and processes. Research, investigate and develop new and existing manufacturing solutions for High Volume Manufacture, whilst providing engineering support to current processes.
- Manufacturing engineering of the Fuel Cells.
- Organise parts, building and paperwork for prototypes.
- Interface with engineering, test and systems.
- Set up production cells.
- Keep up to date on technology and products.
- Research and investigate new solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Develop current manufacturing processes and product for High Volume Manufacturability.
- Assist in the acquisition of new equipment, including planning for delivery and commissioning.
- Develop supplier relationships.
- Assist in the design of production intent tooling and fixtures.
- Provide support for manufacturing operations.
- Liaise with manufacturing operations and research and development to solve problems.
- Ensure equipment performs within the expected ranges of performance, troubleshooting those that do not.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- BEng or HND in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Hands on engineer.
- Detail understanding of 'Design for Manufacture'.
- Aptitude for mechanical work including the understanding of basic mechanical processes.
- Experienced in the design of fixtures and tooling.
- Experienced in using SPC, and DOE for process control and development.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- H&S understanding.
- AutoCad & Pro Engineer.
Highly desirable skills & experience:
- Chemical processing.
- Ceramics deposition processing.
- Laser machining.
- Automated production line design and build.
- Six Sigma trained.
- Lean trained.
- An understanding of ISO9001.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.