- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Control Systems Engineer
Excellent opportunity to develop new Fuel Cell Technology with an innovative company in the South of England. Embedded Control Systems Engineer with Mathworks toolsets from ideally the Automotive or Aerospace sector.
Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to provide control and software engineering support as part of the Systems Engineering function group. The Principal Control Engineer will be the point of contact for key customer programmes, where occasional off-site customer facing, and control calibration support will be required. Key tasks will be system design support from a control perspective, control requirements capture, modification of existing control strategies and calibration for new applications. The Principal Control Engineer will also contribute to the ongoing development of Fuel Cell control software.
The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, taking a pivotal communication and coordination role between the various technical teams. They will also have a strong delivery focus, using their technical knowledge to resolve new issues.
- Deliver project control development and calibrations for customer programmes
- Support the development of Fuel Cell Power Systems, products and components through control software changes and bespoke software builds.
- Work with the wider systems team and test department to support software calibration and issue resolution.
- Engage with end users of the control software to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver timely support and rapid issue resolution.
- Design, implementation, test and documentation of new control software features.
- Occasional design, manual modification, test and troubleshooting of electronics hardware
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Electronic Engineering degree or similar high-level qualification.
- Proven experience related to the above accountabilities, preferably in the automotive or aerospace sectors.
- Experience with electronic control systems and common communications protocols such as CAN and Modbus.
- Knowledge of standard software development processes and industry best practice.
- Familiarity with automotive calibration tools such as ATI Vision, CANape or similar.
- Experience of software development using Simulink and Embedded coder.
- Experience of modern high-level programming languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Experience of electronics hardware design and troubleshooting
- Sound verbal and written communication skills to enable effective liaison with colleagues, and the exchange of complex software concepts with inexperienced users.
- Willingness to adapt and tailor working practices to suit the demands of the business
- Be a fast learner of domain knowledge and terminology
This position offers an impressive and unique opportunity for interested candidates. It requires people who want to be challenged, have a passion for success and a constant drive to exceed expectations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.