- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineer, Marine Systems
Based on the maritime East Coast of Canada in Halifax, this project is Canada's most exciting for the past 30 years! With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. The Marine Systems Engineer will report to the Team Leader, Auxiliary Machinery.
- Participate in the development of the auxiliary systems design processes and procedures
- Participate in defining auxiliary systems requirements
- Assists with facilitating and overseeing subcontractor development of design deliverables and technical purchase specifications relating to auxiliary systems
- Assist with change management associated with auxiliary systems and related marine systems
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the design
- Participate in negotiations with equipment and material vendors
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in naval ship design
- Experience working with classification society rules and classification societies to achieve plan approval for shipboard auxiliary systems
- Experience with auxiliary systems including, fuel systems, lube oil systems, hydraulic systems, compressed air systems, raw salt water cooling systems, freshwater systems, sludge systems, bilge and ballast systems, firemain systems, steering systems, piping design and other similar shipboard systems.
- Attractive lifecycle - warm sunny summers for surfing or beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities, including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2-hour flight to New York
I am an international recruitment specialist with over 3 years' experience helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country/province.
To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 1489 898 204
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.