- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Equipment Design Authority
Our leading defence client has an opportunity within their Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence for an Equipment Design Authority to join their facility in Hertfordshire.
The successful candidate will be accountable, as design authority, for leading a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a Control Actuation System (CAS) into UK & non-UK programmes. The role has responsibility across the Product Life Cycle (PLC) for delivery on cost, time and quality, which includes:
- Equipment design definition and justification,
- Equipment system verification and certification,
- Development and manufacture of a test capability,
- Manufacture and delivery of development hardware,
- Development and validation of the series production manufacturing system.
This role suits an individual who is interested in both project and technical management of a design team, requiring the production and updating of costed engineering plans and working with other design authorities to ensure customer needs are met. In addition to your primary role in expediting a programme of work you'll be supporting the Group's technology plans and re-use strategies to ensure that the product is aligned with future business needs.
What are the benefits for you?
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team on a major development programme.
- Develop skills in technical and project management delivering high performance hardware.
- Experience the full design life cycle up to series production in a short time frame; concept design, detailed design, design proving and qualification.
- Develop knowledge and experience in Design Assurance and Verification.
- Develop knowledge and experience in transitioning from Design into Series Production.
- Increase experience in working across multiple engineering disciplines and departments.
- Interaction with external suppliers, both current and potential new suppliers.
- Travel and develop language skills on multi-national programmes.
- Potential future opportunities to research and introduce new technology.
What are we looking for:
- Experience across all aspects of a single engineering area/domain and an appreciation of other areas.
- Broad technical understanding that provides sufficient appreciation of mechanical, electronics and software technologies.
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
- Commercial and financial awareness; able to manage budgets.
- Experience of system qualification and certification.
- Well-developed leadership style with the ability to manage and motivate a varied team.
- Excellent communication skills required to foster positive working relationships throughout the wider organisation.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Awareness and understanding of business strategies, such as; Centre of Excellences, Portfolio Management, Modularity and Reuse, Design to Cost.
- French/Italian language skills are an advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.