- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Transport Planner/Project Manager
A Council in North London in the process of delivering its transport response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, require 2 Project Managers for an initial 3 months contract to join the Strategic Projects and Transport Planning Service.
The Programme of Projects include schemes that will make The Council's streets more people-friendly.
To meet these new challenges and to respond to the changing demands in the way people travel, The Council are working with Transport for London (TfL) and neighbouring boroughs on an ambitious programme to improve conditions for it's residents by improving our neighbourhoods, streets and public spaces.
The Council's Strategic Projects and Transport Planning Service plays a key role in creating better neighbourhoods, streets and public spaces that meet the needs of its local communities.
The 2 positions will focus on projects to deliver that will transform the public realm and improve transport facilities across the Council.
The successful candidates will be expected to have:
* a broad understanding of transport planning policies, principles and issues;
* experience in the delivery of complex transport projects;
* an ability to work collaboratively to redesign streets and major junctions;
* an understanding of the principles of traffic modelling and traffic modelling data;
* experience of working within a recognised project management framework;
* an ability to draft funding bids and lobby for investment;
* an ability to provide expert advice to members, management and less experienced colleagues; and
* a qualification in transport planning, highway engineering, urban design, town planning, regeneration, project management or a related discipline to degree level or equivalent with a proven track record of successful post-qualification practice.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience of project management, experience of working for a local authority, and/or experience of delivering public realm improvements projects.
You must have very good communication skills and be able to work creatively and constructively within a team, with other parts of the Council and partner organisations. A crucial part of this role will be your ability to work positively with stakeholders, the local community and elected members to deliver projects in line with the Council's priorities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.