- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical / Mechanical Technician
We have a great opportunity to join an expanding manufacturing business based in Portsmouth as an Electrical / Mechanical Technician.
Our client build commission and test a range of equipment prior to the delivery and installation at customer sites. This position offers a great opportunity to work with a variety of products and technologies and the company are committed to offering opportunities for their staff to progress their career.
Key Job Tasks:
- Working hands on to test, document and commission products.
- Liaising with build, commissioning, manufacturing engineers, and project managers, as required, to maintain and improve the output of the cell.
- Ensure that Health and Safety protocols are written, maintained, and followed.
- Ensure that production documentation and instructions are correctly recorded and kept up-to-date.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for carrying out electrical testing and commissioning of products within the cell.
- Maintaining GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) at all times.
- Working as part of a team to ensure work is completed to required schedules.
- Instrumental in the team hitting work output and quality targets.
- Involvement in production improvements and assisting with troubleshooting issues.
- Sharing responsibility for implementing continuous improvements in the Cell.
- Involved in the implementation of lean manufacturing philosophies.
- Interfacing with automation suppliers supporting the software transfer.
Education / Qualifications:
ONC / HNC / BTEC / City and Guilds in an electrical discipline, or equivalent.
18th Edition full qualification
Technician / Apprentice Trained, or substantial relevant experience.
- Considerable knowledge of working in a technical environment within a high-tech engineering/manufacturing company.
- Significant time spent in a precision assembly environment.
- Appreciation of precision mechanisms and their mechanical and electrical content.
- Extensive understanding of electrical / electronic build and assembly.
- Electrical experience of wiring, fault finding, electrical testing practices.
- Excellent wiring skills.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical and pneumatic drawings.
- PC / IT literate with the range of Microsoft Office products.
Key Job Skills
- Good electrical assembly skills.
- Good test abilities.
- Able to read & understand electrical drawings.
- Able to read & understand mechanical drawings.
- Experience in production build environments.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.