- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Air Environmental Engineer
Dynamic opportunity to join DE&S, the force behind the forces, as an Air Environmental Engineer.
As the Air Environmental Engineer you will work as part of the DE&S Airworthiness team, providing consultation to all platforms within the DE&S Air Environment (Air Support, Combat Air and Helicopters Operating Centres) with your broad environmental expertise across engineering.
You will be involved with the assurance and auditing of teams within the Air Environment to ensure regulations and policy are met, contributing to a risk-based assurance philosophy.
This is a dynamic role providing you the opportunity to utilise your specialist acquired knowledge and experience whilst working across multiple projects covering the majority of the UK military's air inventory, from the Chinook helicopter to the A400M Atlas to Unmanned Air Systems and the F-35B Lightning II.
The Air Environmental Engineer post-holder's responsibilities, whilst not exhaustive, shall include the following:
* Accountability for the assurance of environmental legislative, regulatory and policy compliance via oversight, surveillance, audit and analysis activities.
* Effective contribution to the wider Airworthiness team, developing risk-based assurance processes, through provision of carefully analysed and evidenced environmental insights.
* Working in liaison with the Operating Centres to establish and develop a significantly improved governance framework for environmental matters across the Air Environment.
* If required, supporting regulatory bodies in developing appropriate regulation, from which Air-specific environmental policy can be derived.
The following are essential attributes for success:
* Have a breadth of expertise across a range of topics within airworthiness and environmental aspects of air engineering and be fully conversant with environmental protection legislation and sustainable procurement objectives.
* Have demonstrable experience of leading an audit team.
* Be proficient in identifying shortfalls in safety processes and determining best means of resolution, with a demonstrable history of successful problem-solving.
* Have a minimum of a Level 4 NQF in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
The following would be desirable:
* Be an experienced practitioner of environmental compliance within a Defence context.
* Be adept at translating findings from audit and oversight activities to meaningful insights at platform, Delivery Team, OC and pan-environment levels.
* Have operated at either Senior Engineer Officer (SEngO) / Air Engineer Officer (AEO) level within a military Front-Line Command, or have held and exercised a DE&S Letter of Airworthiness Authority, or have held a position with equivalent Airworthiness responsibilities.
* Be comfortable leading and managing diverse stakeholder groups of a multi-disciplinary nature.
* Be Professionally Registered to at least Incorporated Engineer level.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a Security Check.
Closing Date: Sunday 5th July 2020
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.