- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity based in Southern England working for an Innovative and forward thinking company.
Please take a look at this opportunity and get in touch ASAP to discuss
- Deliver detailed mechanical design solutions for both stacks and systems.
- Supplier liaison to ensure low cost-efficient manufacture of prototype and volume designs.
- Analysis (CFD or FEA & hand/excel design calculations).
- Support OEM integration of systems, particularly with regards to interface definition.
- Provide mechanical design guidance to other areas of the business as required and support design reviews.
- Continuous improvement of mechanical design methods and practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent higher level engineering qualification.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to contribute to design review meetings and form working relationships with supplier partners and peers groups.
- Min 2 years' design experience including complex mechanical systems.
- Overall system mechanical layout and packaging.
- Sound knowledge of drawing Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Drawing checking and release control experience.
- A strong understanding of computer aided engineering; component and systems modelling.
- CAD (ideally Creo Parametric) intermediate level proficiency for concept design activity and reviewing/checking of design team output.
- Experience of using product data management systems (Teamcentre, Windchill, DDM etc.) in a robust design release and engineering change control process environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes including quality control methods.
- Expertise in mechanical design methodology and product development processes as applied to the full product life cycle.
- Design experience with complex mechanical systems comprising high temperature operation and insulation, pressurised systems, gas and liquid flow control, electronic controls and power electronics would be an advantage.
If you feel you have the right experience and are interested in having a further conversation about this position, please contact Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.