- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's fastest growing Telcommunictions companies as a Fibre Field Manager.
The role will be working across Central London as a Field Manager.
Within the role, you will be responsible for a range of duties to ensure projects are completed to planning requirements, and on time.
- Ensure and monitor effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are followed by the team.
- Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specification by conducting site audits.
- Maintain productivity objectives as set by Head of Installations.
- Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones, highlighting any risks that may have arisen to Head of Installations.
- Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place.
- Working closely with the QA engineers to conduct Site audits and van tools audits in line with KPIs.
- Managing both employees and contractors in the field.
- Ordering of equipment and materials
- Inventory updates and forecasts of future materials needed
- Ensuring all engineers have relevant health and safety documents and all documents returned after each job.
The ideal candidate will come from a telecoms/ISP background with extensive Field Site Supervisor/Manager experience in FTTP.
- Accreditation to NRWSA Supervisor level
- Openreach PIA accredited (Advantageous)
- Experience of running teams Installing Fibre Bundles and allocation to Fibre Chambers
- Excellent knowledge of Fibre Nodes and Fibre Types
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Self-motivated and with a high level of professionalism.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- The ability to collect and analyse a wide range of data and use it for clear and targeted action plans.
- Be able to work efficiently in a team as well on their own.
- Driving license.
- Experience working on FTTP/ FTTC projects
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in working with a carriers in similiar roles.
- Ability to read SLD Telecom construction blueprints is essential.
- Understanding routing of fibre mapping from a PON and a point to point network
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Experience with fusion splicers
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Good at problem solving and using the best technical ways to overcome any issues whilst keeping a mind of budget and timelines
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.