- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Support Officer
An Engineering Support Officer opportunity has become available within the Trident Systems Project Team, part of the recently formed Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA).
A key system engineering position has become available within the Trident Systems Project Team, part of the recently formed Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), an executive agency of the Ministry of Defence. The Trident Systems Project Team requires an Equipment Support Officer to maintain in service support of flight systems in Vanguard platforms.
The position provides an opportunity to develop knowledge and experience in a collaborative programme and engineering management of a significantly important defence capability. You will require strong verbal and written communication skills, sound engineering judgement to manage key equipment within the Strategic Weapon Enterprise. The post is part of a small but capable team for the delivery of specialist technical support requirements for the Strategic Weapon System onboard submarines and associated shore support facilities.
This position provides in-service engineering support for the Trident Missile/Guidance Sub-system of the Strategic Weapon System during build, commission and Deep Main Project activities.
The post requires regular travel to point of delivery in Faslane/Coulport and Devonport, and to the United States of America, for technical and programme integration with the US Government. The post holder is therefore required to uphold strong and productive relationships with the US Government through the Polaris Sales Agreement and form part of the Intelligent Customer with UK Industry within the Strategic Weapon Enterprise.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate engineering control disciplines to include; technical documentation management, configuration management, defect analysis, design change management, and weapon system test, commissioning and analysis activities.
* Level 4 qualification (e.g. HNC/HND) in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant engineering/science
* Relevant experience within regulated industry
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* The role has a requirement for sole UK Nationals holding a DV clearance, or a willingness to obtain a DV clearance within the first six months
* Engineer with relevant professional institute
* Understanding/experience of the integration, delivery and support of a complex weapon system
* Microsoft Office (particularly SharePoint) capability
* Maritime/submarine experience
Please note that, due to security requirements, these posts are open to sole UK Nationals ONLY.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.