- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Building Control Surveyor
Our client, a central london local authority are seeking an experienced Building Control Surveyor to join their team on an initial 3 month contract. For more information, please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
To assist the Building Control Manager to maintain and keep under review systems for ensuring the effective assessment and delivery of Building Control Services to the businesses and residents of the Lewisham Borough.
To assist the Building Control Manager to ensure the implementation of efficient and effective procedures, documentation and working arrangements in connection with all aspects of the Section's responsibilities.
To assist the Building Control Manager to manage the Building Control Section of the Department in a manner which takes account of all relevant legislation and agreed policies of the Council ensuring that Council and statutory targets are met.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To be directly responsible to the Building Control Manager for the effective and efficient performance of staff within the Building Control Section.
- To supervise more junior staff working in the Building Control Section in accordance with laid down procedures and policies.
- To liaise and consult with other officers of the Council, the Chief Fire Officer, Government Departments, statutory undertakers and other public and private bodies as appropriate.
- To assist in the development and training of staff.
- Examine and determine all plans deposited in relation to Building Regulations and linked powers and preparation of decision notices.
- Clearly match the complexity of a project with the correct competency level of junior and senior surveyors.
- Inspect all building work in progress to secure compliance with the Building Regulations and linked powers.
- Examine and determine applications deposited under the partner authority scheme, and give pre-submission advice as required.
- Investigate all instances of unauthorised work, and progress to compliance with the regulations or removal or the non-complying work.
- Examine and report upon all applications for Relaxation and/or Dispensation of the Building Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.