- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software/Systems Test Engineer
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
The company believe in values which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes the team they are growing!
"Brilliant Company - Only getting better"
"Work Life Balance -Flexible working times. Lots of charitable events and fundraising for multiple charities. Strong supporter of Employee well-being, mental and physical health. Big Investor in training and development for their employees" Glassdoor 2019 entry.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software/Systems Test Engineer to join a highly successful and reputable business based in Dorset.
The Software/Systems Test Engineer will input into test planning, scripting, and execution of test scenarios. You will be interfacing across sub systems, deployed on Windows and Linux operating systems within virtualized environments.
This role would suit a Test Engineer looking for a progression step, or someone already at a Senior Technical Level.
The Software/System Test Engineer will generate structured Software Test Planning and Elaboration documentation. You will support the design and execution of Systems and Software Tests to verify and validate that the specific Systems meet requirements, quality, performance and reliability criteria.
- Batchelor's degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Technical hands on experience in Software Testing.
- Experience of the whole Software Development lifecycle
- An appreciation of Agile, Waterfall and V Model lifecycles
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, methodologies, processes and tools.
- Ability to understand and use Requirements Analysis to support test design and planning-
- Working within a software development team debugging, reviewing and some coding.
- Good understanding of Software Configuration and Build Management.
- Knowledge of UML, Enterprise Architect or DOORS
- Knowledge of C++, RTI DDS
- ISEB Accreditation in Software Testing or equivalent.
- A good working understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Experience of using testing tools and Test Harness frameworks: Jira, Redmine - Desirable
- Support of user acceptance evaluations, Factory Acceptance Tests, systems trials and confidence testing.
- Experience working in the Defence or Aerospace sector.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.