- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
IT Project Delivery Manager
DE&S have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join their team. AGILE Project Management experience is ideal.
The Special Projects Information Systems and Networks (SPISN) Delivery Team has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join their team supporting specialist users in adopting and maintaining new Information Technology (IT) systems and information exploitation capabilities.
The successful candidate will join the SPISN team at the cutting edge of new business approaches and delivery methodologies within DE&S. The team employs innovative working practices to link industry products and services to customer needs in a rapid manner. The role offers an opportunity to directly contribute to the success of UK Armed Forces deployed on operations in the UK and abroad.
This role will lead a cross-functional team to manage and oversee the delivery, at pace, of new capabilities at the forefront of our users operations. You will be responsible for delivering a suite of related projects that span Demonstration, Development, and In-service project phases, working with highly skilled individuals across multi-functioned disciplines such as Commercial, Finance, Logistics, Project Controls to manage contractors, budgets, and dependencies, ensuring technical solutions match our users Information Systems requirements and architectures, and are secure, safe, and assured.
If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of Defence, then this could be the ideal career for you. You'll be responsible for managing risk and generating robust business cases that demonstrate value for money and detailed reporting on project performance within the Performance, Cost, Time (PCT) envelope. If successful, you will be responsible for embedding and adhering to all governance and policy.
* Developing and managing teams, identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups.
* Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful projects.
* Development and the production of investment appraisals, obtaining financial approval and agreeing budget, controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
* Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods/services needed for projects monitoring compliance and managing variances.
* Managing the monitoring and controlling financial aspects of each project or contract.
* Managing the preparation and delivery of technical briefs, status reports, chairing meetings and taking minutes/notes.
* Managing the management of a diverse range of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and interests
* Management of available resources and knowledge to ensure a professional, expert and consistent approach is maintained.
* Appropriate use of project resources including engagement of commercial, technical and financial subject matter experts in order to make effective and timely decisions.
* Preparing and maintaining schedules of activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
* Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities) planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect products
* Managing on the consolidation and documenting of the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues and quality requirements)
* Preparing, gaining approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
* Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the business benefits of programmes/projects.
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisation practice.
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate:
* Experience of leading and managing a project management team delivering semi-complex projects.
*.Excellent leadership skills including guiding, coaching and developing others within a matrix organisation;
* Commercial awareness/astuteness, including driving industry to deliver to cost, time and quality;
* Experience in understanding requirements and assuring delivery against them;
* Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
* Experience of managing multiple budgets.
It will also be beneficial, but not essential, for you to have:
* Recent ICT based Project Management experience
* Experience of working in ITIL based project delivery, and/or ITIL V3 Intermediate
* Any of the following: APM PMQ/MSP/PRINCE2/AGILE or similar, relevant graduate qualification i.e. MSc (Project Management).
Please not this post is reserved for Sole UK Nationals Only.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.