- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Assurance Engineer - Submarine Delivery Agency
The Submarine Delivery Agency are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team. Experience of Submarine Build would be ideal, or a manufacturing environment of similar complexity.
We at the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) are working with two commercial partners, forming the Dreadnought Alliance. We are a newly formed alliance bringing together the collective capabilities of the SDA, BAE Systems and Rolls-Royce to ensure the Dreadnought Programme delivers four submarines, at an estimated whole life cost of £31 billion, with the first one ready for patrol in the early 2030s.
Would you love to have the opportunity to work on the UK's leading, most exciting Defence project?
The Royal Navy's Submarine Service has operated the UK's Nuclear Deterrent every hour of every day for nearly 50 years, protecting our nation from the most extreme threats. The Submarine Delivery Agency are now recruiting for extraordinary people to help deliver the UK's next generation of ballistic missile submarines - The Dreadnought Class.
The Principle Naval Overseers (PNO) Team are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer, and this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
The PNO Team provide independent assurance that submarine build activities are conducted and meet the necessary requirements of the contract held with BAE Systems, ensuring the contractual requirements are delivered against and complied with. To enable The SDA to maximise its influence and leverage to drive improvements in submarine build and to meet the requirements of MoD Quality Policy, the PNO organisation includes a Government Quality Assurance Representative (GQAR) registered Quality Team. The team ensure correct standards are maintained by promoting the Governance, Assurance and Improvement (GAI) of acquisition, engineering and logistics support activities.
The successful candidate in this role will work as a Government Quality Assurance Representative in a fast paced and challenging environment. This opportunity will see you working in a team providing Quality Assurance expertise to support submarine build within the Barrow-in-Furness Shipyard, working closely with Astute and Dreadnought customers. The role will provide assurance through Government Quality Assurance Surveillance that build assurance activities are conducted and meet the necessary requirements of the contract. You must also ensure that Project and Engineering Risks and Opportunities identified within the build environment are effectively mitigated and/or realised.
* Analyse and co-ordinate risk information across a wide range of PNO stakeholders to determine Quality Assurance requirements
* Develop associated tools, processes and programmes to manage Quality Assurance activity.
* Develop Metrics for measuring and reporting supplier performance.
* Agree Quality Performance Indicators, monitor and report on the performance.
* Review Quality Plans for suppliers to ensure conformance with relevant Allied Quality Assurance Publications and Defence Conditions.
* Deliver improvements in PNO processes
* Promote awareness and purpose of the PNO with supplier organisations
In order to be successful you must have:
* An Engineering background and related Engineering Qualification (HNC/NVQ Level 4 minimum)
* QA experience of Submarine Build (or similar manufacturing environment in scale & complexity)
* Lead Auditor (Trained to ISO 9001:2015) or the ability to achieve this within 6 months of appointment
* Line Management Experience
* Minimum PCQI (Practitioner Chartered Quality Institute) membership grade or equivalent
It will be beneficial to have:
* Government Quality Assurance Representative experience
* Experience of Astute and Dreadnought Programmes - working in a Quality Assurance capacity
Please note these posts are reserved for Sole UK Nationals only.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.