- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is looking for a strong commercially minded Senior QS to work on a major Highway bypass scheme for 12 months+.
The ideal candidate needs to be someone who is competent and confident in dealing with the contractor and have a solid understanding of the NEC contract.
- As part of this role, the candidate should expect to carry out work within the following areas:
- Ensuring the effective cost control of civil engineering construction and maintenance projects.
- Establishing and determining budgets in conjunction with the client/project manager and determine contractor entitlements leading to the settlement of the "Final Account".
- Reporting and forecasting contract final outturn costs to clients and Hampshire County Council management.
- Adhering to the County Council's Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Code of Practice and the Department's financial management systems and procedures.
- Implementing procurement strategies, including Frameworks and other NEC4 arrangements (e.g. Options A-E of the NEC4 ECC, early contractor involvement, etc.).
- Managing the delivery and cost outcomes of individual projects and programmes of work.
- Demonstrate and maintain the highest levels of technical and professional competence.
- Develop a competitive and commercial approach.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant field
- Preferably a Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of Quantity Surveying in a Civil Engineering environment
- Experience in the financial management of construction projects
- Detailed knowledge of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Contract Practice Notes and
- Code of Practice relating to construction projects
- Detailed knowledge of NEC4 contracts, specifications and methods of measurement and payment
Decision Making Areas
- Monitoring costs and final costs of schemes
- Agreeing most appropriate forms of procurement to deliver engineering projects
- Evaluating, agreeing and authorising payments to contractors
- Making decisions and recommendations for payments without supervision
- Will mainly be working in an office environment
- Frequent visits to live highways and construction sites, including lone working
- Communicating with colleagues and contractors in a challenging environment
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role
IR35 Status - TBC
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.