- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a leading water sector specialist, are looking for mechanical fitters on a permanent basis. Based out of Hinckley, however work will be mobile and a key aspect of the job is working away from home.
An apprentice trained or experienced Mechanical Engineer with environmental engineering experience maintaining industrial equipment, fault finding on heavy industrial machinery in a reactive industrial environment.
Physical & Other Requirements:
· Current valid driving license.
· You will be required to work away from home, which will require overnight stays, in accordance with business needs.
· You will also be expected to undertake overtime as required; this is essential. Please note that all employees are expected to take their turn on the emergency cover rota that entails being on call for a week at a time including over a weekend or bank holiday every few months.
· Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
· Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
· Capable of working at heights from scaffold platforms, ladders or mechanical equipment.
Competence and Qualifications:
· Served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship
· City & Guilds qualified.
· Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable)
· Banksman/slinger/crane supervisor (desirable)
· Manual handling qualification (desirable)
· Welding qualification (desirable)
· HGV license desirable but not essential.
· Welding/fabrication and gas cutting experience desirable, TIG & MIG.
Skills & Attributes:
· Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
· Good knowledge of Health & Safety issues in connection with the construction industry.
· Ability to record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to jobs.
· Ability to prioritise workload and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
· IT literate - good computer skills.
· Use of initiative and good team skills.
· Water industry/environmental experience.
· Experience of working with a range of portable tools, small plant & equipment to enable work to be carried out.
· Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management.
· Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
· Repairing mechanical equipment.
· Installation, commissioning, setting up and testing of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
· Break down cover on a Rota basis.
· Working out on customer sites across the country.
· Working in workshops as required at any of the Company locations.
· Stripping and rebuilding machinery/ pumps/ heavy industrial equipment.
· Planned preventative maintenance (Industrial equipment & pumps).
· Carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
· Access and interpret technical instructions using mobile electronic equipment.
· Carry out fault finding down to component level.
· To work as part of a team and to co-operate with other staff / trades.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.