- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for an SC cleared EC&I Engineer who has previous experience of working in a Nuclear environment.
This includes writing and reviewing technical documentation such as Requirement Specifications, FMEA, Designers' Risk Assessments; attending key meetings such as Design Reviews and HAZOP; assist with design tasks as allocated by Lead / Senior Engineers on a daily basis and deliver appropriate supporting documentation under supervision to achieve agreed time and quality requirements; contribute to the delivery of work packages and design solutions through third party design houses, manufacturers and test houses; maintain engineering project controls, review and maintain action trackers.
Accountabilities & Key Responsibilities
Accountable for providing solutions and supporting documentation for the Design, Development, Specification and Testing. Ensure quality of engineering design solutions in accordance with the appropriate project process map. Ensure compliance with quality, environmental, safety, and health requirements, in all activities undertaken.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating solutions and drawing concepts for Optioneering purposes.
- Adhere to the Quality Management System
- Technical tender assessments and evaluation scoring.
- Checking design house delivered technical documentation for design phases including drawings, specification, strategies, models, substantiation, schedules and assessments.
- Produce and maintain engineering project controls, meeting minutes, design review reports, and action trackers.
- Assist in close out of design comments, design reservations and project actions in order to complete stage gates.
- Produce Certificate of Designs for stage gate completion of design process.
- Assist in reviewing requirement compliance by Verification and Validation.
- Maintain configuration control for documentation and drawings.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with Security requirements.
- Communicate with engineering team, across all engineering disciplines.
- Contribute to integrated safety when creating engineering designs and ensure that all technical and design risks are identified and appropriately managed to meet project requirements and the letter and intent of the CDM Regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Sound understanding of Engineering Principles.
- Good knowledge of design tasks associated with Engineering.
- Ability to produce reports, instructions, specifications, Engineering drawings, CAD models and presentations. Experience in application of quality standards and procedures.
- Understanding of the Gattaca Projects and AWE Company Quality system.
- Demonstrates autonomy in management of own time and workload to meet key milestones.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication to all levels of personnel, both internal and external
- Capable of maintaining effectiveness in a pressurised work environment.
- Sound analytical skills and an ability to make reasoned judgements.
- Good oral, written and presentational skills with a particular aptitude for report, documentation and letter writing.
- Committed to carrying out the continuing professional development necessary to ensure competence in areas and at the level of future intended practice.
- Experience of team planning, working and reporting within multi-discipline project teams in a highly regulated industry.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and standard office software including word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail, presentations and databases.
- Previous work in design environment (useful but not essential).
- Certificate / Diploma (HNC/HND) or Engineering degree qualified.
- Membership of an engineering institution (not essential).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.