- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager, Software
Our client are a leading manufacturer of autonomous systems for the marine and naval markets. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manger with a strong background in Software Engineering to join their goring team.
Due to a sustained period of growth an opportunity exists for an experienced Project Manager familiar with software engineering led projects to join this exciting, cutting edge company.
Initially this role would be focused on working closely with the Senior Project Manager, Systems Engineering, Product Owners and Software Engineers on the delivery of a significant defence programme. The Software Project Manager will be working closely with the Software Team, and will need to have clear knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Summary of Duties:
- Management of project plans and schedules, including resource allocations and progress
- Managing and driving the appropriate level of communication for key stakeholders.
- Working with the Software Team to agree delivery priorities within project scope.
- Leading on communications and project planning across multiple disciplines throughout
- designated areas of the project lifecycle.
- Leading agile project meetings.
- Configuration Management of all relevant project deliverables and documentation.
- Management of project reporting mechanisms, both internal and external when required,
- Ensuring the correct processes for system integration and commissioning are in place, being
- followed and appropriately evidenced.
- Agreeing project objectives where designated and propose approaches to resolve or progress
- Customer liaison, to include being present during Software discussions and deliverables with
- the Customer team.
- Risk and Opportunity management.
- Ensuring that all the aims and quality standards of the project are met.
- Using the relevant tools for tracking on people and progress.
- Highlighting requirement for specialists and sub-contractors where required.
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Project accounting, costing and billing.
- Providing progress reporting to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Proven experience working within the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Proven experience managing high value projects.
- Technical or engineering background.
- Experience of managing software projects in an agile environment.
- Proven experience managing high value projects in a defence environment.
- Scrum Master.
- Familiar with C++
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.