- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Missile Mechanical Architect
Our client, a leading provider of products to the Defence industry, are currently looking for an experienced Missile Mechanical Architect to work on a long-term contract based out of their site in Stevenage.
The role is responsible for the delivery of the missile mechanical architecture requirements and typical responsibilities include:
- Establishing the Missile Airframe Task Requirements Specification (TRS) to ensure a structured & coherent mechanical response to the overall Missile TRS
- Management of the mechanical interface with the launcher
- Management of Mechanical & Thermal Interfaces across the Missile
- Defining the optimum mechanical architecture for all variants of the missile, ensuring the mechanical architecture and interfaces meet requirements
- Implementation of GMA Policies to ensure Modularity & Reuse objectives are achieved
- Development of the overall proving logic for the validation of the Airframe
- Ensuring mechanical compliance to the Airframe TRS for missile certificate of design
- Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process
- Producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility
- Direct technical supervision of engineers within their team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team
- Controlling assigned budgets, managing personal workload and identifying any further resource needs
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification having obtained significant experience of mechanical engineering
- Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities
- Good knowledge & experience of mechanical design (preferably missile), including:
- Static & Dynamic Analysis
- Design for Environment
- Thermal Management
- Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including:
- Experience developing proving logic and managing the generation of compliance evidence towards Certificates of Design
- Experience across the full Product Life Cycle
- Ability to influence senior managers and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal)
- Willingness to travel within UK and Europe
- Please note that due to the nature of the work carried out, candidates must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Please note that this role has been deemed inside IR35, therefore we cannot accommodate LTD contracts. PAYE or UMB contractors available. Rate expectations to be discussed upon application.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.