- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client has a great opportunity for an experienced Structures Professional to act as Team Leader in thier Bridges Team on a Permanent basis.
We're looking for a senior Bridge Manager who will oversee the delivery of our core bridge and structures functions including;
- Management of inspection, assessment, design, procurement and construction of a variety of highway structures as required by the annual programme.
- Ensuring the effective delivery of the abnormal loads referral function;
- Asset Management of the Authority's highway structures including bridges, tunnels, culverts, gantries and retaining walls;
Reporting directly to the Head of Highways and Engineering and acting as part of the senior Highways management team, you will lead the technical direction, development and supervision of the Bridges and Structures team.
As a newly created post and service area this post presents a great opportunity for an experienced individual to be at the heart of shaping the way we deliver our bridges and structure service.
To succeed as our Bridge Manager, you should have substantial experience in dealing with the engineering and design processes relevant to the service portfolio as well as experience of programme and project management principles. You should have a level 5 qualification as a minimum, ideally a level 6 (relevant degree or equivalent), have membership of a relevant professional body (i.e ICE) as well as holding Incorporated (Chartered) Engineer status.
Under the previous post holder the following key activities have been delivered or are in the delivery phase;
- Engineering Consultancy Framework has been successfully established for assessment, strengthening and refurbishment of highway bridges and structures.
- Inspection of Highway Structures has commenced and all statutory inspections will be completed by end of this financial year.
- AMX has been set up as our key Asset Management Software to address finite budgets with limited resources, alongside the increasing burden of reporting to Central Government.
- No outstanding or legacy complaints in the service mailbox.
It's an exciting time for the client and this new role requires an exceptional candidate who can manage our extensive bridges and structures portfolio. If you are eligible for the role and want to make a difference then we'd love to hear from you.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.