- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our leading defence client in Southampton have an opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join their business.
This role works closely with both suppliers and internal functions to identify business opportunities and implement improved supplier quality, cost and on-time delivery for parts delivered. To develop and improve overall supplier performance requires both reactive actions to resolve supplier part defects or similar issues and pro-active actions to reduce the risk of problems occurring as well as support to maintain good practises.
- Experience of working within an Integrated Project Team.
- Experience of proactive management of Non Conformance within External Supply Chain.
- Able to understand sufficient technical information to have informed and effective discussions with Suppliers.
- Experience of deploying Quality Tools and Techniques such as P/DFMEA, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC, First Article Verifications
- Familiar with the requirements of AS9100 Revision D and auditing to this standard both internally and within the External Supply Chain.
- Work with suppliers to reach root cause for defects, and agree effective corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Ability to identify and deliver improvements in the External Supply Chain.
- Ability to develop pro-active reporting in order to drive and measure Business Improvements.
- Working with other functions, lead the Supplier Quality Assurance activities.
- Effective capture and implementation of supplier quality requirements (incl. appropriate standards) by working with Design and Manufacturing, and Suppliers.
- Manage the Return To Vendor process (RTV); identify trends and generate improvement plans
- Maintain Supplier surveillance plan with the procurement function, and visit key Suppliers to reduce risk in the Supply Chain.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.