- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Control Inspector in Non Destructive Examination
BAE Systems are seeking a Quality Control Inspector to work on Non Destructive Examination (NDE) on various surface ships such as the Type 26.
Quality Control Inspector in Non Destructive Examination - Govan (Glasgow) - 6 months - £20ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role requires you to undertake a BPSS + Criminal Record Check.
- Responsible for verification of cross trade inspections and acceptance activities across Programmes ensuring specifications and standards are applied.
- Supporting the implementation of Zero Defect Culture/Right First Time.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures applicable to Quality Control role.
- Providing professional support, advice and guidance for all Quality aspects throughout the Programme including improvement initiatives.
- To conduct all inspection activities in line with Programme's inspection and test plan with applicable standards and specifications.
- Ensure test activities are completed and compliant in line with relevant test forms as owned by the Quality Control Team.
- Compile and issue all relevant reports in a timely manner and maintain accurate records in the sited format.
- Maintain all relevant completions management toolsets (tables, CME etc.)
- Ensure personal core skill sets meet requirements for assurance activities under taken.
- Pro-active knowledge and skill transfer within teams. (Quality Control and wider customer/supplier)
- Implementation of Quality Tools and Techniques across Programme through continuous improvement.
- Support Quality Investigation/internal audit / process confirmation within the Naval Ships Programmes.
- Liaison with third party auditors such as Lloyds Register and customer.
- Demonstrate and inspire core business behaviours at all times.
Qualifications and Knowledge Needed
- Accurate interpretation of standards, specifications and processes as per Programme requirements.
- Understanding of product key characteristics and deliverables.
- Core trade qualification/time served. Further qualification desirable.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques.
- Understand Quality Function structure and various interaction responsibilities. (QA, BI,SA)
- Experience of Shipbuilding (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the build process.
- Understand responsible document management (RDM) and adhere to rules
- Understand cross functional relationships and required interactions.
- Leadership (Requirements of the position for providing leadership and guidance to others).
- Ability to support a team of Quality professionals.
- Relationship and stakeholder management with both internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving.
- Evaluation of data using multiple sources of information
- Support interrogation of data offering council where required
- Communication, diplomacy and facilitation skills
- Maintain expertise, trust and credibility as a Quality professional
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.