- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Environmental Clerk of Works
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Clerk of Works on the A30 project
The Environmental Clerk of Works (ECoW) will report to the Environmental Manager and work with site personnel to ensure the scheme avoids contravention of relevant wildlife law and complies with The A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross Development Consent Order 2020 (SI No. 121) including the Ecological Management Plan, Ecological and Landscape Management Plan and Invasive Species Management Plan. The ECoW will also liaise with specialist licensed ecologists where necessary in respect of bat and badger licensed activities.
The ECoW tasks will include, but aren't limited to; reviewing ecological constraints ahead of works phases commencing, giving tool box talks to site personal, supervising vegetation clearance for reptiles as required, conducting pre-construction breeding bird checks as required, advising on the location and specification of necessary temporary construction fencing and signage for ecology, ensuring any specific pre-construction surveys (such as pre-felling checks on trees with bat potential) are identified and carried out (albeit this my need to be by specific licensed ecologists), overseeing the installation of multi-species crossings and any general ecological monitoring required during construction.
The ECoW will report to the principal contractor as required and will provide regular records and reports of site activities undertaken. The ECoW should also pro-actively identify and resolve ecological issues that arise during construction and ensure that the workforce is aware of their ecological responsibilities.
- The ECoW role requires an experienced ecologist with an excellent understanding of the construction environment as well as an excellent working knowledge of wildlife legislation.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ideally the ECoW would have a good knowledge of local ecology, the nature of the development and the species subject to the mitigation (breeding birds, reptiles, bats, badgers, non-native invasive plant species).
- The ECoW should have the knowledge and confidence to act quickly and decisively to help resolve issues.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.