- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Maintenance technician - Water Sector
My client Southern Water are looking for an Electrical Maintenance Technician to work with them on a permanent staff basis.
Southern Water is currently looking for a Process Electrical Technician to join the team based in West Sussex. The main purpose of the role will be to undertake the day-to-day maintenance of, and repairs to, water and wastewater treatment works, sludge treatment centres and pumping stations to ensure all environmental, quality and customer service standards are met, whilst meeting H&S legislation and achieving budgetary targets.
Duties of the role:
* To undertake reactive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment on a daily basis
* To coach, train and develop staff under their supervision
* To install new plant and equipment as required
* Provide technical expertise to Internal & External contractors
* To respond to alarms and fault find to identify issues, fix these or escalate if required
* To carry out inspection and test on electrical equipment following company procedures (Electrical)
* To gain quotations for parts, equipment or from contractors for work to be carried out
* To provide self-quotations for work to be carried out, so assessment can be made against contractor prices
* To identify possible future risks and recommend changes in the course of their day-to-day work and to raise these for resolution as required
To be successful in this role you must have knowledge or experience of speciality area (electrics/mechanics/both) and heavy industry. Have completed a recognised apprenticeship in an industrial area, current Electrical Installation Regulations qualification. You need to be flexible and adaptable and willing to work as a team as the main focus will be to complete all work in a timely and safe manner. Understanding of ISO 9001 procedures and H&S policies are required. Have an understanding of pumping station operation and the waste water treatment process is essential for this role. Please note you must have a full clean driving licence as the role will include visiting sites all over West Sussex. You will also be working a 1 in 7 standby rota.
This role comes with an attractive salary of up to £36,369, depending on the level of skill and experience.
It's an exciting time to be a Southern Water employee.
To tackle the challenges we face, we're changing, at pace, to become brilliant at the basics - to deliver clean, safe water, through a reliable, future-proof network, at a price everyone can afford, and with great customer service at every step.
At the same time, we're innovating across all areas of our business, from improving how we deliver services, to leading the way on issues such as single-use plastics.
We're building an inclusive culture. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We are creating a workplace where all people feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated, no matter who they are or where they come from.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.