- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Obsolescence Support Engineer (Electronics)
Looking to join an Innovative company? The company not only produce products which are used in some of the most challenging environments in the world but have a number of awards under their belt!
The company believe in values which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes the team they are growing!
"Brilliant Company - Only getting better"
"Work Life Balance -Flexible working times. Lots of charitable events and fundraising for multiple charities. Strong supporter of Employee well-being, mental and physical health. Big Investor in training and development for their employees" Glassdoor 2019 entry.
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
The company operate across a number of sectors, and are looking for a Obsolescence Support Engineer (Electronics) to join at the successful Dorset site.
As an Obsolescence Support Engineer (Electronics) you will perform component and obsolescence engineering; including substitution and justification of alternative parts to meet project/customer reliability, safety and legislative requirements.
The Obsolescence Electronics Engineer will be providing services in support of issues affecting component management, manufacture and test on both new designs and legacy electronic equipment.
You will provide Specification and approval of components, obsolescence management and support to the manufacturing and test departments to resolve problems.
- HND / HNC or Degree level education in electronic engineering or related subject.
- Experience in analogue and digital electronics down to component level, including familiarity with specification of components for high reliability applications, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Good knowledge of electrical, electromechanical and active and passive electronic components.
- Understanding of obsolescence management standards and best practice (BS EN IEC 62402:2019).
- Experience in the integration of design data and ERP/MRP tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise own work.
- Good general IT skills; including the use of Microsoft applications and use of databases within an engineering environment.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.