- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Public Affairs Advisor
This is a key public affairs role within a small but busy UK Public & Government Affairs department for one of the world's leading oil and gas companies and a significant inward investor to the UK.
The successful candidate will report to the UK Government Relations Manager. You will support them in anticipating, tracking, analysing and responding to developments in UK energy-related public policy impacting the company and the wider oil and gas industry.
Main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Anticipate, monitor and analyse developments in UK energy and energy-related policy impacting the company and ensure appropriate awareness and understanding among company management.
- Help develop company positions on relevant policy issues in conjunction with company experts and management.
- Develop materials (conventional and digital) to facilitate communication of company positions for external and internal use.
- Develop and help implement external engagement plans to share company perspectives and participate in energy policy discussions.
- Assist the company's UK-based businesses to manage policy-related issues including working with appropriate industry bodies.
- Support wider company communications activity where practical.
Candidates should have demonstrable public affairs experience with a strong background in UK energy-related public policy and a track record of successful engagement on policy issues. In addition, you should have knowledge of relevant policy making processes at domestic and international level whether gained through experience in government or industry.
Relevant experience could include government positions covering energy policy or industry experience in policy, regulatory or public affairs positions specific to the energy (preferably oil and gas) industry.
Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills. STEM or economics background is advantageous but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.