- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Highway Design Engineer - OUTSIDE IR35
Our client is looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is a 6-12 month con-going ontract and Outside IR35.
- Assisting with the collection, assessment and impartment of information essential to a successful scheme preparation and implementation process, including liaison with individuals, organisations, planning and legal professionals, contractors or developers external to the Client.
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of technical design and contract documents, to ensure the implementation of highway and Civil Engineering projects and improvements within published programmes and budgets.
- Supervise, manage, programme and measure performance of the design team and junior members of staff, to deliver the project to the agreed timescale, budget and specification
- Checking design work produced by the design team, junior members of staff, external consultants or developers (where working on Section 38 or Section 278 agreements).
- Preparing or assisting in the preparation of estimates for the purpose of budget assessment and monitoring.
- Liaising with relevant bodies (i.e. contractors, public utilities and the like) for liaison of highway project design and programming, as required.
- Representing the Client at public meetings, carry out consultations and advise as necessary.
- Working with due regard to Health and Safety for themselves and others at all times.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Master's degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant Civil Engineering field
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer with an appropriate body
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience in the design and construction of highway projects
- Knowledge of relevant specifications, policies and procedures required for the role
- Competent user of CAD software (Civil 3D, MX, AutoCAD etc.) and drainage modelling Software.
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly working from home at the moment due the Covid-19 Situation.
- Will require office working when back to 'normal'.
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.