- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Ship Signatures Engineer
BAE Systems are seeking a Senior Ship Signatures Engineer to work on the Royal Canadian Navy Type 26 Surface Ship being built in Scotstoun dockyard.
Senior Ship Signatures Engineer- Scotstoun (Glasgow) - 6 months - £43.20ph LTD (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
BAE Systems are currently mid build on the construction of the Type 26 Surface Ship, that once completed will enter service with the Royal Canadian Navy. They require a Senior Ship Signatures Engineer to ensure performance targets are met for signature performance.
To be successful, you must be a specialist in one or more of the signatures for analysis listed, and have a rounded knowledge of all signatures listed: Underwater Radiated Noise (URN) Signature, Underwater Magnetic Signature, Underwater Electric Signature, Underwater Pressure Signature, Radar Cross Section (RCS) and Infrared (IR) Signature.
A core part of the role will also be preparing material for the customer, as well as contributing to discussions with them. In this case, the customer could be LM Canada, ISI, Royal Canadian Navy and the Canadian Government.
Responsible for assessing the signatures performance against the targets for the project and then ensuring that the signatures performance requirements are then demonstrated and verified in a timely and progressive manner in accordance with the contract requirements. Undertaking ship signature modelling, conducting analysis and providing advice and guidance to the Platform Designers to ensure that the ship's signature targets are met.
- Working with the Warship Engineering Manager to deliver modelling and analysis activities.
- Deliver modelling, verification and validation against scope of work and to schedule.
- Co-ordinating own activities, including delivery of assessment and guidance of equipment, systems, ship integration and implementation to control the platform's signatures.
- Maintain Signature predictions in line with the design requirements; assist the mitigation of non-compliances and risks; working across disciplines to achieve resolution.
- Ensuring models use adequate representations of the ship and environment for the signatures under examination.
- Supporting project assurance events such as design, margin and spatial reviews.
- Support Supply Chain with contracts for equipment with contributions to signatures.
- Supporting system design development and integration into the platform.
- Progressive refinement of signature models and analysis as maturity of data increases.
- Technical knowledge of signatures modelling techniques: a specialist in at least one of the signatures for analysis, and adequate knowledge of all signatures cited.
- Technical knowledge of platform design and integration, with particular reference to signature reduction and control techniques.
- Technical knowledge of modelling techniques for ship signatures.
- Experience of engineering design processes for complex systems.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.