- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Engineer- Engineering & NPI
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer (NPI) to manage and lead the NPI Field Service team driving improvements on serviceability and design throughout the product development process that impact field operations.
You will be managing complex multi-phase commercialisation projects and developing best in class tools and techniques which support the product development process.
As well as working with and influencing functional work stream managers and technology groups throughout Vacuum Technique to develop tools and technologies that will assist in bringing products to market rapidly with world class serviceability and customer satisfaction.
This role includes management and leadership of a small global team positioned within the regional Product Companies which provide support for field service readiness during developing and launch of new products. Managing all aspects of the NPI program and engineering solutions to satisfy internal and external customers' expectations and to ensure VOC, safety & compliance deliverables are achieved on time.
- This role will primarily be based in the UK
- Global travel between our client and customer sites will be required based on project requirements (Estimated 20% Travel, when required).
- Management and leadership of a high performing global team, together with coaching and development skills required to meet current and future business needs.
- Monitor status of key project parameters (e.g. progress against schedule, budgets, risk status) and preparation of reports for the business in a format appropriate for audiences, including senior management.
- Influencing and proposing new methodologies to manage change within the NPI process and embed new technologies and optimise field service effectiveness.
- Communicate and influence workstream owners on program definition and deliverables to enable key aspects of field operations to be acknowledged within the PCP process
- Accountable for all NPI deliverables relating to VSS and VSC divisions, including pump, abatement & Integrated systems
- Responsible for definition of NPI programme scope to ensure field service deliverables are appropriately managed throughout all stages of the commercialisation process. Challenging existing methods and procedures, where appropriate, to ensure changing business needs are suitably met.
- Manage and lead design for service initiatives for new platforms and communicate feedback from the field to ensure future projects benefit from lessons learnt in the field.
- Coordination of NPI & innovation projects activities across all global Product Companies for equipment and field service tooling.
- Ownership and management of the field service SOP global process to support NPI projects and legacy products.
- Preparing the programme for Gate Reviews (Commercialisation Programme Reviews) and making a recommendation on the appropriate Gate decision.
- Analyse viability and potential benefits of new, emerging and disruptive technologies for implementation into the VSS and VSC Divisions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Proven success in project management preferably with a recognised Project or Program Management Qualification.
- Ability to analyse information, identify key issues, and report clearly and accurately in verbal or written format.
- Strong technical knowledge of vacuum and abatement products and supporting technologies.
- Works well under pressure and is able to manage difficult situations in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Computer literate with a strong command O365 apps including; Teams, Outlook, Sharepoint.
- Ability to manage and prioritize activities and workload effectively.
- Teamwork and the ability to work closely and effectively across a broad range of different functions is essential for this role.
- Previous experience of management and coaching remote teams to achieve success.
- Awareness of field service operations is desirable but not essential.
- Flexible working approach, able to accommodate global time-zones and cultural differences
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.