- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
FPGA Design Engineer
Our client are a cutting edge defence technology business currently seeking an experienced Firmware/FPGA engineer to work on the development of next generation satellite technology.
- Design, implement and test the FPGA/firmware elements of a product in response to requirements set by the systems team. This will involve resolving technical needs in a solution, supporting the integration of this product into systems and learning new tools and techniques.
- Be open to learning new skills and applying new techniques, as it is expected that there will be considerable learning during the course of the project and product. The team has a long tradition of supporting the development of its members, involving them in the development of the products.
- This role will involve some travel.
- Comfortable designing, implementing and documenting FPGA/Firmware to customer needs.
- FPGA design experience, preferably on modern Xilinx platforms.
- Experience with Vivado, Xilinx ISE, Matlab, Simulink of SysML or UML
- Some knowledge/familiarity of Waveform Technologies including knowledge of commercially available products and best practice methodologies would be advantageous but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.