- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Integtrated Project Mananement (IPT) Lead
Matchtech are now recruiting for our defence client in Filton for an Integrated Project Lead to work on the IFF Mode 5 integration to Merlin and Wildcat platforms.
Job Description and Skills
The Mode 5 Programme is an exciting dynamic challenge, introducing the Mode 5 IFF Capability across a number of Air, Land and Sea platforms, from platform solution design, through formal design review cycles and Test, Evaluation and Acceptance activities to achieve Release to Service and embodiment from the UK MOD Platform DTs.
Our client are now looking to recruit a Project Manager/IPT Lead to support the finalisation of the Merlin & Wildcat Rotary platforms design & to support transition into full fleet embodiment of Mode 5 IFF capability onto Merlin & Wildcat Helicopters for the LMW Helicopters account.
Key Responsibility Areas
Reporting to the Embodiment Project Manager (EPM) the IPT Lead will carry out all aspects of Project Management, including but not limited to;
- Leading the Merlin & Wildcat Helicopter IPT
- Managing day to day tasking for the engineering, procurement & planning engineers within the IPT
- Supporting the closure of all outstanding design activities
- Supporting the EPM to transition to full embodiment of all Merlin & Wildcat Helicopters
- Risk/issues management
- Generating monthly project status reports for review and agreement with EPM
- Maintaining the Project register of assumptions, exclusions and dependencies
- In conjunction with the project planner and sub-contract manager, manage and report on the status internal/external dependencies
- Support to the Project Planner in reviewing schedules and tracking subcontractor progress
- Produce/manage up/down Contract Change Requests (CCR's)
- Management and support to the production and issuing of contract document deliverables
- Maintain the project Action trackers
- Support the sub-contract manager in managing the import / export of documentation and hardware
- Day to day support to the EPM
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Appropriate Degree / Qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Systems Engineering experience in complex environments
- Project Engineering experience including ability to deliver projects to cost, schedule and technical requirements in a difficult financial environment.
- Demonstrated experience using process skills such as EVM, CPA & Risk/ Opportunity management.
- Experience of being in close contact with customer stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction maintained
- A good understanding of SAP an advantage
- Ability to work within a team and across teams.
Previous Mode 5 IFF experience would be an advantage & the IPT Lead role will be based in the Bristol Filton offices, but will also include travel in the UK to our Subcontractor sites as required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.