- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
High Voltage Component Development Engineer
An amazing opportunity for an Engineer with High Voltage Component Development experience, working on innovative Power management technology within the Motorsport sector, well known for providing the best in class technology.
You don't have to be a Motorsport fan to enjoy your product racing past you at 185mph. This is one of those rare chances to work on innovative motorsport technology in one of the most exciting and challenging areas of Energy management.
The High Voltage Component Development Engineer will have overall responsibility for the components in the Energy Storage System (ESS) including contactors, fuses, HV wiring and power electronics.
We're looking for someone to work in a small, but highly driven team. Someone who can set their own working week and take responsible for defining the requirements for the HV components in order to meet the overall system specification. In addition, they will be responsible for defining and supervising the testing programme for these components.
As part of the ESS Development Group, HV System Engineer will work closely with the mechanical
designers and test engineers to ensure that the components that they specify achieve the required levels of performance and reliability. On occasion, external suppliers may be used to carry out development or testing activities, and HV System Engineer will be the technical lead for these projects. As part of this role, HV System Engineer will also have responsibility for researching and reporting on new and emerging technologies.
The requirements are simple;
- Proven experience of High Voltage Component Development.
- A desire to be part of a winning team.
- Lead the development of HV (up to 1000V) components for the ESS pack.
- Define the requirements and specifications for components.
- Specify the testing and validation requirements for components.
- Fault analysis of ESS pack and the other related.
- Supervise or perform component testing.
- Witness testing at supplier or 3rd part laboratories when required.
- Research new technology and prepare reports.
- Provide expert support on high voltage topics to other members of the team.
- Communicate proactively to management all project issues, risks and required resources.
- Produce and update design documentation.
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Company.
If you would like to discuss the role further, and see the full job specification, please contact Marcus Roberts at Matchtech who has been instructed to source the best talent for this position.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.