- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
One of our leading clients is looking for an experienced Programme Director to deliver fibre within their business.
Overview of Role
Reporting directly to the COO you will have full accountability for the successful delivery of the P&L and associated revenue of your programme of work through the successful delivery of allocated project(s).
Working collaboratively with other departments across the Group, you will be responsible for ensuring effective resource planning to meet the deliverables of the project as agreed with the Client in addition to recruitment, deployment of resource, training & development and day to day management of your team including performance management and appraisal.
As the key stakeholder, you will identify opportunities within your direct area of responsibility and across the Group to work 'smarter' maximising both service delivery and retained value over the project term.
- Own the programme deliverables and maintain the alignment to the Groups strategic priorities ensuring detailed project plan(s) that successfully deliver client requirements and the projected project(s) P&L
- Direct and lead the delivery and implementation of the programme, taking personal accountability for the outcome(s) and the realisation of the associated benefits Manage the programmes governance arrangements ensuring the work undertaken by you and your teams are aligned to JHG policy and procedures and represent the company values
- Identify key risks and manage effectively, reforecasting project plan(s) where necessary minimising impact to client delivery and successful achievement of the project(s) P&L
- Lead the interface with senior stakeholders and deliver effective interfaces and communications to all stakeholders
- Guide the operational delivery teams through the process of change and make necessary adjustments to programme deliverables to realise benefits
- Commission and chair reviews both during the active build and on completion that formally assess the programmes continued alignment with objectives, capability of delivery and measurable achievement of benefits
- Report progress of project(s) to the COO in a format that can be utilised in Board presentation including the operational delivery against the project, safety and financial performance
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the business to document standard operating procedures in support of quality management systems participating in formal audits as required
- Devise & implement clear objectives for your team aligned to project deliverables and monitor progress against these objectives; formally review performance with individual members of your team on a regular basis
- Ownership of the client relationship for operational delivery, including agreement of the 'point of escalation procedure' acting as the senior point of escalation for project related issues
- Drive the personal development of yourself and your direct reports creating a high performing team committed to learning
- Strong communication skills, audience appropriate
- Able to build effective and influential Client and stakeholder relationships
- Commercially astute, can work with Business complexity and conflicting demands to positively retain value
- Proactive, results orientated with a creative approach to problem solving, adept at using calculated risk as a tool to overcome obstacles
- Ability to engage, inspire and influence people within reporting line and across wider organisation
- Able to create project plan(s), prioritise resources to deliver against plan(s) and reforecast plan(s) where required taking account of P&L impact
- High drive for continuous improvement in ways of working with an organised and flexible approach to work
- Proven people manager with the ability to adapt own style to maximise productivity of others within direct area of responsibility and across the wider organisation
- Competent in the use of systems including MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Business & Commercial Awareness
- Holistic View
- Performance Management & Team Integration
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Change Initiation & Drive
- Integrity & Influencing
- Stakeholder Management
- Background in Civil Engineering, Telecommunications or Utilities
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.