- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Scientific Software Engineer
Are you looking to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Are you interested in working with a range of innovative technology products to ensure they operate in the harshest of environments when people's lives depend on them?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
This is an opportunity to work within a thriving team where you will be working across intelligent systems, and autonomous systems developing and evaluating state-of-the-art algorithms spanning a range of domains!
The work will involve researching, developing, testing, evaluating and implementing algorithms that integrate into wider complex systems through both funded internal research & development and fast-moving, complex projects.
You will develop algorithms that are central to the design of the systems products. You will be responsible for technical development of specific algorithms or studies for key programmes, including concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation.
Experience in the following would be highly desirable:
- Computational Science
- DL - Deep learning
- ML - Machine Learning
- NPL - Natural Language Processing
- Data Analysis
- Degree qualified, with strong Scientific or Mathematical content.
- Have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink and/or Stateflow.
- Python including PyTorch, TensorFlow, OpenAI-Gym/Universe
- Model Based Design.
- Preferably PhD qualified is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience in the Defence sector, or related industry.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.